Our communal response to the crisis in Ukraine is focused on humanitarian support and prayer.
- We have registered with the Sanctuary Foundation in anticipation of the government “community sponsorship” scheme to welcome Ukrainian refugees.
- We are encouraging our members to engage with other locally-organised support initiatives (see below).
- We are praying for the situation in Ukraine in our regular meetings and privately at home.
- Sat mornings until Easter: drop-in 9:30-11:00am with the Council / WRSG for anyone wanting to express interest in hosting or helping in any way. Please note: this is the most effective way to offer support of any kind, as they can act as a “clearing house” for offers of support.
- May 3rd, 7pm: presentation from the Wheatley Refugee Support Group on the Sanctuary Hosting programme. Flyer here.
There is an upcoming webinar on Monday 11th April at 7:30 PM hosted by EMF with frontline-workers in Ukraine, giving an update and specifically telling us:
- Their experience of the last 46 days
- How they have been able to help people, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- How they have seen the Lord at work
- How we can pray for them.
For more details, or to attend this webinar please click here
Some have been asking about the most effective ways to give to the situation that’s unfolding. If you would like to give to those directly involved in helping, click here for some suggested giving pathways from members of WCC.
Many of us may feel utterly lost for words as we watch the news unfold each day. Here are a few helpful prayer resources:
- The prayer we prayed together on Sunday 6th
- Prayer prompts from Gold Hill Baptist Church
- Prayer prompts from SEND international
- A Prayer from Christian Aid
The original appeal video from Sanctuary Foundation
A further update from Krish Kandiah from Sanctuary Foundation